After reading different definitions of the word Singularity, I created a map of what I found the word to mean. I chose to break the word down into three groups. Black hole, uncommon and peculiarity. From these three categories a continued to break down the word into ideas that i believe represent singularity. From the group Black Hole, I continued with the ideas of space and the unknown. Space with the idea of singularity can be translated into the idea of time and how it is constant, but also changing in a methodical manner. Space does not just have to be related to the universe. I think the surrounds can determine the singularity of an object or idea. Singularity could also be thought of as uncommon or unusual. Something that is different from anything else, stands out and can be seen as a singular object, even in a mass. Specificity of the difference is what makes something singular and outstanding to the rest. To be picked out of a crowd because of the difference, draws attention to the object and can make it a one of a kind. Peculiarity to me is something that interesting and that can be found anywhere. Looking into nature, the small details cam standout as simplistic, which I correlate to singularity. Because something can be initially seen as simplistic, looking into the detail of it, I can turn out to be very complex. Singularity is found everywhere through the ideas of space as surroundings, peculiarity and the uncommon.
After further thinking about what is singularity and how I can represent it though photography, I started to focus on the idea of space. Not the universe, but the spacial elements around objects and how it makes them singular. Peculiarity also played an important role in my thought process. When ever I see something I think is peculiar, it stands out because it is different than what is around it. The most mundane and uninteresting things can be the most peculiar and engaging objects just by their surroundings.
I have taken all of these photos, and they each represent a different type of peculiarity and singularity. The space around each object, and what type of space was also very important to making sure that singularity was depicted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment